Hot Issues for Vending – December 2017
• A new European Accessbility Act is to be approved in 2018, which could include requirements impacting the design and practical functionality of payment terminals.
Ecodesign & Energy Labelling Regulations
• The EU Commission will approve and implement Ecodesign & Energy Labelling Regulations for refrigerated vending machines in 2018.
• After years of lobbying by the EVA, it is hoped that new requirements will prove acceptable to manufacturers.
EU Platform for Diet, Nutrition & Physical activity
• The EVA will continue participation at the EU Platform aiming to encourage more diverse products in vending machines, while fighting against any unjust proposals such as machine bans.
• The EVA will monitor the implementation of the F-Gas Regulation, with a general phasedown (availability restrictions) starting in 2018, ahead of refrigerant bans in the next years.
• A range of new Hygiene materials and e-guides on Pest Management, Allergen Management and others to be published; available for EVA Members.
• The EVA, as part of the European Drinking Water forum group will continue to lobby for a harmonisation of testing procedures for water contact materials.
The EVA will be fully involved in monitoring and aiming to shape developments in these – and many other – legislative issues. EVA Member can consult monthly the EU Newsletter for detailed legislation news.